Intro: Welcome to HNT Radio’s interview series. We are excited to be in company with Vitor Araujo aka DJ Vit today and thank him for giving us the time for this interview.
DJ Vit calls home Toronto and has been a DJ on HNT Radio since 2017.
You can tune in to DJ Vit Radio Show On his/her regular time slot which is Sundays at 4 pm PDT, 7 pm EDT 12 am GMT.
1. How did you first get interested in electronic music?
It all started when I was near 15 years old, I had older friends that were in the Dj´ing world and I got interested. From there on I start my own research about Dj`ing and start learning by myself.
2. Who are your biggest influences in the electronic music industry?
Dave Clarke, no doubt. He was my biggest influence and still is, he`s technic is amazing and he`s music style got me.
3. What is your favorite genre of electronic music?
I like to play different styles, however techno is what suits most to my personality. I love Techno
5. If you were to do a warm up set for any artist who would it be?
Dave Clarke THE KING.
6. Where do you see yourself in DJ’ing 5 years from now?
IDK, it`s hard to imagine how life is going to be in such a long time. Life change and music world change as well.
7. How has your experience been as a DJ with HNT Radio?
It`s been a good experience, very challenging. I`ve try to improve my music style for the listeners.
8. What is the origin of you DJ name?
My friends start calling me Vitls at the time I was playing Techno and Hard Techno, now I`Im playing softer so I took some letter to softer my name, now I`m Dj VIT.
9. Have you ever been known as another DJ name?
Yes, Dj Vitls.
10. What inspired you to become a DJ?
My friends were a huge influence, many of them were in the dj`ing art. They were the ones who gave me the strength and make me to move forward in the art.
11. Do you have any tracks in the works? Record label?
No, I’ve never had the opportunity, but I’m working on it.
12. Where have you performed? What venues?
Here in Toronto I do not have know people from the industry but I’m doing for it and willing to try new challenges as HNT. Last year I played in a bar in st. clair that unfortunately changed management, since then I have played on HNT.
14. Do you think you style/genre will change in the future?
Yes, it may change. life changes the thought changes everything changes.
15. Do you have a set time in the week when you practice?
I practice 3 to 4 days a week. there are always new things to learn and discover
16. How do you choose the music for your DJ Session?
Are choices that I make at the moment, I do not prepare or create a playlist. I live the moment, let it flow
21. What else do you do for fun besides DJ’ing?
I try to be as long as possible with my family. Watch movies, socializing with friends. Try to relax…..
23. How would you rate the music scene in you home city?
It’s very good, we have many techno parties,people do parties in the woods all day all night, it`s fantastic.
24. Do you have any formal music education?
I don`t have. Everything I learned was by myself. Sometimes I felt frustrated for making mistakes, I felt stressed with myself for not being able to put in practice some tecnique, but I never give up. when you`re self taught is a huge joy to achieve your goal and that gives more strength to continue, it`s always a pleasure to learn.
Thanks you from all of us here at HNT Radio for giving us the time to speak with us today.
You can check out DJ Vit Radio Show during his/her regular time slot which is Sundays at 4 pm PDT, 7 pm EDT 12 am GMT.
Thanks! House Music to Soothe the Soul.